Through living the 7 Habits, students develop the skills needed for academic success in any setting. These skills include critical thinking, goal setting, listening and speaking, self-directed learning, presentation making and the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with others.
The curriculum focuses around The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People:
- Be Proactive
- Begin with the End in Mind
- Put First Things First
- Think Win-Win
- Seek First to Understand Then to Be Understood
- Sharpen the Saw
At Eastway Middle School, Leader in Me curriculum is taught at the beginning of each day. These lessons are then integrated throughout the school day. Students will work with peers and staff to complete engaging activities and lessons that will improve college and career skills including accountability, problem solving, and cross-cultural skills to assist our students in being successful scholars and community leaders.
We support students’ leadership journey toward college and career readiness through a wide array of experiences from expanded elective opportunities to clubs that extend on career pathways and interest. We offer over 30 different electives and clubs including:
- Global Studies: Chinese & Spanish languages, Asian studies clubs
- STEM: robotics club, computer science & app creator, science of technology, mine-craft club
- Environmental Studies: agriculture, gardening, community service club
- Leadership: student council, student lighthouse team, GenOne leadership, speech & debate club
- Arts: orchestra, band, ukulele club, arts & crafts club, dance team, singers & songwriters club
- Student Interests: cooking club, intramural sports, girls club, cross country for youth, girls on the run
Join us to learn more about Eastway Middle School and our Leader in Me magnet program.
- November 7, 2019 @ 5:00PM-7:00PM (curriculum night)
- November 20, 2019 @ 1:30PM-4:00PM (club day) sign up at https://forms.gle/VyRPVRVeuoWsSfTi9)
- December 19, 2019 @ 5:00PM-6:00PM (winter concert)
If you would like to schedule a different time for a school tour please call us at (980) 343-6410.
Visit our website at https://eastwaymiddleschool.wearecms.com/.